Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finally

I've been waiting for 6 long months for the Hunger Games and it finally came.

Don't blink or else you'd miss the 2 seconds of my fire making on the Hunger Games.  Phew, so happy my part made it in the movie!  Yes, it was short, but from how much I saw being filmed while there for the 3 days, they cut out a lot of footage.  They even filmed a District (can't remember which one...4?)  rioting and there was none of that in the actual movie.  I'm in a group on Facebook with Hunger Games extras and the people that filmed that scene were disappointed they didn't get put in, but were happy for the experience, of course.  A lot more was filmed in District 12, but they cut it short.  Eh, oh well.  In all I enjoyed the movie and was glad Gary Ross kept it pretty close to the book.



My friend posted this on Facebook after I saw it on Saturday.  I don't know where she got it or how?!
Hmmm....I kind of look like a guy with that short hair.  Dang.
 
(Friday and Saturday I was reading people's comments on Facebook of their opinion on the movie.  To those who read the books, the majority liked it and got good reviews.  Those who didn't read the book were appalled by the brutality of the story and were disgusted by it.  Some even left the theater.  I think this comment on one of those negative views sums up my own opinion as well-

"To me this is a learning book--how would a society get to this savagery? How did Hitler convince millions to kill millions? It is a great way to discuss where we are as a society and where we will go, it's a great way to discuss reality shows--because they may not kill people on them but many watch things that are also horrific. I did not like the thought of kids killing kids, and it is a very dramatic way to look at where we are in the world. Also, sadly the author didn't have to go far to find the concept-as things like this are happening all over the world--just look at the gang situation here for instance.")



 1, 2, and 3 past posts as a Hunger Games extra.

Proof that Rue is pretty much my BFF.  Okay, that would be creepy because she is 12 and I am 29.

Part of the group that went and saw the movie Saturday night- we are missing 7 others who seemed to have wandered away, including my own husband (I think he was in the bathroom.  Yup, he just asked where he was in this pic and then he remembered.)

 My other children- just kidding.   Lily and Lacy, Gloria's girls.

2 comments:

holli said...

I haven't read the book but know the premise...I'm really only interested to see the movie because you are in it.
Thanks for these thoughts though, it may help me like it better. I'm kind of thinking of it as a gladiator reality show (using kids). I hope it's not too similar to Lord of the Flies....

Jenny said...

Great post! It was awesome seeing you on the big screen!