Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Randomocity

We went to Wilmington to help Memaw (David's grandma) with some legal work and in return, got a nice 3 day weekend trip.  We visited Gran Alice and Grandpa Points farm and met the new baby goat.  Boots is his name and he can't walk or stand up straight....he walks around like he's drunk and falls over.  Don't know what's wrong with him, but Heather's (David's aunt in the pic below) husband rigged up a stroller/walker for it.


Feeding Boots some milk

Iwalani wasn't into it, she gave up after the goat ripped the bottle out of her hand because he was so hungry.

 Gran Alice singing a horse song.

David and I went on a date (GASP!) at a place that teaches you how to paint a picture in 2 hours.  It was fun and nice to not have to say after every other sentence, "stop whining, I'm talking to Dad, don't interrupt, how do you ask nicely, stop whining, stop whining, stop hitting your sister."

Choice of weapon- fat brush.

Finished product- a funky rendition of Starry Night that is now displayed in the girls' room :).

A dude almost broke David's wrist at church ball 2 weeks ago.  He grabbed David around the neck and threw him to the ground.  He got 4 red stripe marks on his neck and 2 cuts from the dude's fingers and a sprained wrist.  He got x-rays and there are two opinions- hairline fracture, and no hairline fracture.  We are going with the no fracture to avoid a cast and more bills.  2 weeks later and his wrist still hurts when he bends it.  Nice.  We are done with organized church ball.  On a happy note, David won the three point contest out of 10 guys (with an almost broken wrist), and I won the three point contest out of one girl, me :).

This weather is ridiculous.  It's March and it's 80+ degrees!

Three out of the 7 kids that I regularly babysit.  Each on a different day of course but this day landed 3 of them.  They are all so sweet, even if sometimes I do make one cry by making them go on a nature walk when she didn't want to :).  The twins on Wed, the girl in front on Friday, 3 other kids on Wed night, and another little girl every other Monday.  Phew.

David's enemy- the raccoon that teases him early early in the morning by getting into our trash when we forget to put a brick on top of the lid.  There's nothing like opening up your trash to see foot/handprints on the underside.

Hmmm...fake pearls and "thwim thoup"....gotta love summer-like weather.

We love library books and movies, even if it does result in a $10.50 fine for overdue books.  We support our local library!  (They better buy a good book with that 10 bucks.)

7 comments:

Rui Z said...

Do not complain about your 80F+ degree weather in March. It was 27F when I left for work this morning. Sigh.

Jenny said...

Great pics. Love your paintings! What an awesome date idea! I didn't know you babysat--I swear each week I hear about something new you do!

Terah said...

This post makes me miss my dear friend Emma and fact that she is awesome, talented, funny, and the most fun mom ever. I had to whine a little inside when I saw the swimming pool and the girls in their swim suits. Not fair, we had snow yesterday to welcome Spring. Less than 3 weeks and I will be able to enjoy the beautiful summer weather when I come to visit and all of my friends that I miss.

Karen said...

I had to laugh about the library fines. Once years ago, I took the girls on a special trip downtown to Imaginon where we discovered the girls were allowed to get their own library cards. (Insert happy girly squeals here.) They promptly picked out several books and checked them out with their new cards. Unfortunately, I forgot all about those books (not on my card, right?) and only remembered when I got an evil letter from the library telling me I owed $60 in overdue fines! (Yes, it was totally my fault, but couldn't they have sent that letter a little sooner?) I did manage to talk them into cutting it in half, but still... ouch!

Emma said...

Rui- I think I may be jealous of your 27 degrees- no allergies or pollen to coat your car! Spring is way too early this year :(. BUT I do enjoy having the girl run around in swimsuits all afternoon.
Jenny- the painting class was really fun- something different.
Terah- I can't wait for you to visit! And thank you for your kind kind words.
Karen- wow, you got me beat! That's a great reminder for me to NOT get the girls cards until they are 33. And yes, the library was not fair with sending the letter so darn late.

Stephany/Chris said...

Loved the update! Miss you guys:)

C. Leah said...

I am super jealous of the warm weather y'all have had!

Poor David, I'm so sorry that happened! Ronnie said to tell him that if he had been there, he would have had David's back. ;)

Thanks for sharing all your updates, Emma! ^_^