David had an interview in Asheville beginning of June (didn't get it). We all went because I had never seen Asheville before. It was a really cool place. While he had the interview the girls and I hung out in front of the courthouse and cooled down in the spray ground. Iwalani didn't like it very much. I told Kainoa not to get too wet and she got soaked. Oh well. She dried quick because it was so dang hot and it was only 10:00am.
We went to the NC Arboretum that was 15 min outside of Asheville and checked out the cool gardens and plants. We pretty much put the kids in the double stroller and ran through the gardens because it was so hot. The plants were still nice as we ran past them, dripping with sweat.
Really cool bonsai trees.
We took our family vacation a week after Asheville and hit Raleigh for 2 days (forgot to take pics) and then onto Wilmington for 5 days.
We brought one the Raleigh cousins (Isaac) to Wilmington so Kainoa could have good quality time with him since we don't see him often. They both had a lot of fun. I didn't realize all the kids and Grandma were color coordinated until after I took the pic and was reviewing them later on.
We hit Wrightsville Beach on a super windy day so the water was a little cold with the wind. Iwalani took about 2 min to get out of the shock of sand between the toes. She hated it, but then liked it. She liked it so much that she ate about 2 tbs of sand.
I finally got my hair cut short. I've been wanting to for a long time and finally did it. I really like it since it's so easy. So long headaches and ponytail holders!
Visited the Holden Beach crew for 3 days (minus Curren who was at his grandmother's house).
Kainoa looks so happy and full of energy :).
Thanks to our family for letting us stay with you for those 10 days...we had lots of fun!

6 comments:
Thank you for updating your blog. Ask and ye shall receive, right? I didn't know that you guys are looking for a job again. I hope he will find something good for him and for you, too! And, enjoy the family time everyday!! Sometimes that's the hardest thing to get in life!
I do like your haircut. It's very sensational!
I love your hair!!! Sorry about the job situation, unemployment is crappy but at least you get a lot of together time! :) I hope you get something soon!!!
I'm sorry to hear that David lost his job! :( Was this the new one? I sure hope something good is waiting for him, (I'm sure it is). But hey, if you are looking for "adventure" or something new--the military always needs guys like him. ;) hehehehe (<--trying to get you guys to come around the world w/ us!)
Bummer he didn't get the Asheville job--I know some super awesome people up there in the Branch & Ward. (And my in-laws live there).
But looks like you guys are having loads of fun! And I LOVE your hair--I'm jealous cuz I can't wear my hair that short! :)
WOW! I love the short 'do! I'll take over ponies ANY day!!
And good luck on the job hunt. Adventure is out there!
Love the haircut! You look fabulous.
Way to chop it all off! It looks awesome! I'm at the point where I have to grow it out to avoid looking extra fat faced while pregnant...
Post a Comment