21 day sugar cleanse
I'm on day 7. Woo hoo! I've gotten over my extreme cravings for sugar cereal or toast and jam at night and fruit during the day. I still miss it of course, but I know I can be happy without eating it. Well, fruit always makes me happy so I will look forward to eating that again.
I haven't had headaches or stomach pains or any kind of bad side effects from the detox, probably because I am finally eating well.
I'm going to make a confession: after I had ephraim I would forget to eat. I would be so busy doing things that I would eat the leftover cereal, porridge, or toast from the girls' breakfast, eat a handful of goldfish and grapes for lunch, and finally make and eat something for dinner. I know...terrible. I noticed my milk supply dropped so I started forcing my brain to remember to sit down and eat good meals. I got better at eating things, but I would fall into the snacking habit. But when I do eat a meal, I eat a ton, which is nice.
I knew doing this cleanse would make me plan my meals, and it has. I am eating a lot better and will probably gain weight on it (which I'm glad).
Here's what I've been eating lately (photo collage of course):
Breakfast- spinach, eggs, and bacon, or massive veggie omlets
Lunch- taco salad or spinach salad with lemon, olive oil, pepper, and salt dressing
Dinner- chicken curry, lettuce wraps, or a giant salad
Snacks- almonds, pecans, almond milk, boiled eggs, hummus and peppers or cucumbers
Night time snack- rice cake slathered with almond butter or kale chips (they may look bad but I love them.)
My mind feels clear.
I haven't yelled at my kids like before (my temper isn't like the hulk).
I have broken habits and feel like I'm in control of my food passions.
Exercise
This is harder for me than the cleanse. I still feel lazy and don't want to go outside and run (I hate running). My stomach muscles are still separated from being pregnant with Ephraim and I'm having a hard time coming to grips with that. I know I have to exercise to fix that problem, but it's just discouraging. But the biggest part is that I hate knowing that I was very fit before I had Ephraim and now I can barely even run around the block. Waaaa waaaaa waaaaa this is my pity party! I just need to start.
BUT I have played basketball, run around the block once, and did some arm weights this week, and did squats and lunges- I'd say 4 out of the 7 days.
Scripture study
Doing well! I read in the morning mostly during breakfast and if I forget I remember to read during the day or at night.
Pictures
I'm taking more pics with my camera phone and have an Instagram account. Hagoth is sending the new lens for my camera this weekend and I can't wait to take pics of the kids.
3 comments:
So, why are you doing this cleanse and exercise? And, which camera did you get?
Good question :). I knew the cleanse would force me to eat better- healthier choices and planned meals (which I'm terrible at). I'm trying to see of t will balance my hormone levels because I turn into the hulk quickly lately. It's not pleasant to be so moody, and I'm testing to see I it's due to my diet. So far so good on that. Plus I need more fiber because everyone needs more fiber, right?!
Exercise- I like being in shape :). I love playing basketball and its not fun not able to run up and down the court having to stop every so minute to catch my breath. Plus I need to close up these separated stomach muscles...it grosses me out.
My camera is a Nikon 3200. What kind do you have? What lenses do you have? It's fun playing around with the camera when I have time :).
Post a Comment