Battle CHEESE!
Macaroni and Cheese on Steroids by Team Procuniar
(I forgot what kind of cheese was in there, but I think there were at least 3 different kinds- and it was yummo).
Pork loin stuffed with spinach, dried figs, and goat cheese with a gorgonzola cheese sauce by Team Wilson
Cheesy Refried Beans (some of the best beans I've ever had) and Quesadillas sprinkled with queso fresca
and
Spinach salad with feta and Balsamic Parmesan dressing by Team Turrubiartes
Twice Baked Potatoes by Team Young Sigg
(Really really tasty- bleu and cheddar cheese topped with awesome super thick bacon. Had to include a picture with the impressive Idaho napkins that were displayed with the potatoes as well.)
Cream cheese stuffed coffee cake topped with mango by Team Mature Sigg
(Super good with a chunk of cream cheese inside of each biscuit- will definitely make this in the near future)
Winners-
*Taste- Team Young Sigg
*Creativity and Presentation- Team Wilson
*First Place- Team Wilson
Forgot to get a picture of me and David in all of our wonderful glory, so instead you get one of Iwalani's animal reading program. These are her precious animals that she sleeps with every night, minus the books.
It was a close race as always. It's really hard to judge these dishes because they all taste so good.
Until next year!
4 comments:
Yum!! That would be hard to judge but not hard to eat! And I'm glad to see that the stuffed animals in your house are literate too!
Do you need a Japanese person to call the official battle's beginning? You should invite me to the next battle. Yum.
Do you open this to just taste testers? Making me hungry...
I think you should post the recipes for those of us drooling on our keyboards right now. =)
Post a Comment