Warrior Dash is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping, extreme run from hell. This fierce running series is held on the most challenging and rugged terrain across the globe. Warriors conquer extreme obstacles, push their limits and celebrate with live music, beer and Warrior helmets.
Of course the beer is not for us, but the warrior helmet, definitely. I convinced David to do it with us, and also have a few other friends joining as well :).
I've decided now is the time for me to start getting in shape (our Relief Society lesson was about taking care of your body so that helped motivate me as well). David and I went to the park today with the girls. They had a bar there and I tried to do a pull up...uhhh...I did 1 3/4. I told David my goal by August is to do at least 5. We'll see how that goes. I am posting this here so then I will be committed to work out. I am terrible at working out. I play basketball once a week for about 45 min-an hour. It's really fun, but I need to do more than that. My sister is in great shape and that motivates me to work hard as well. I am really proud of her.
My goals-
~weights/pushups in the morning (3 or 4 times a week)
~running when David gets home from work 3 times a week (maybe 4)
~cut back on my sweets intake....that is going to be hard (David, that means no more brownie baking 3 times a week, chocolate chip cookies once a week, and chocolate cake every other week)
~drink 8 cups of water a day
~uhhhh....whatever else I feel like doing
~any suggestions???
There is even a costume competition at the race as well...nice....

5 comments:
To remind me to drink water I do this thing that I read on a girl's blog - I keep a Mason jar sitting beside the sink and fill it up in the morning. I try to make it a point to empty it twice a day and I tell myself "One for health, one for beauty." I've heard Taya say that water is the key. And we all want to look more like Taya, don't we? ;) For the exercising... I got nothin. I'm pregnant, all I want to do it sleep. Good luck on that one. I would LOVE to eventually be tough enough to do a fun race like that. It looks awesome.
Did you know that the person that asked me to do the race with her was Juli :)? It will be fun to run it with her...glad she invited me. Thanks for the tip with the mason jar-I'll definitely do it. After baby is born then we'll run another race with you :).
I have no good suggestions to offer - I just want to see pics of you and Juli in your warrior helmets someday. =)
You should see if you can get my dad to do it too. He's always wondered if he would be a good viking.
Sounds like fun! Have fun getting ready for it. I can't even do one pull up so you are ahead of me. :)
Post a Comment