Sina belonged to my parents for about 9 years of her 11 years of life. My brother Hagoth got her from a family that was moving to Texas and could not take her. This family loved Sina (that wasn't her name at the time...I think it was Daisy. My mom said she couldn't call the dog the name of her grandmother) and did not want to let her go, but they had to.
I know why they didn't want to let Sina go- Sina was the perfect pet. Obedient, great around kids, protective in a good way, and friendly. Man's best friend.
We always said that whenever I found a place to live where I could have pets, I would take Sina because she was my dog. I think we didn't really want to admit that Sina was actually my mom's dog, and I knew that if that day would ever come with me being able to take Sina, I wouldn't do it. Sina was my mom's shadow.
Sina moved with my parents to North Carolina, and then recently to Arizona. My mom said she could tell Sina was depressed and not the same with both moves. Sina eventually contracted cancer and had hip displacement problems. It was time for Sina to move again, and she did two weeks ago. My parents were heartbroken but knew they needed to end her suffering.
We love and miss you Sina!
Two weeks ago Little Dude's mom found a new daycare to take him to closer to where she moved to. Iwalani still occasionally wakes up calling out his name from her crib (he would come around 7:15 am around the time she'd be waking up).
We miss him!
He has great cheeks to squish.
My parents moved to Arizona beginning of December. My mom has about 5 siblings that live within an hour or so drive. She always tells me how much New Zealand corned beef (her siblings have stock piles) they have been consuming...and I am jealous. My mom's church calling is a family history consultant (her dream job because she loves family history) and my dad's calling is ward mission leader. They love their new ward and are keeping busy with making their new place home.
I miss them and can't wait to say hello.

2 comments:
I can't wait for you to come say hello too! Because as you know I live in AZ too! Where do your parents live?
Does it make you want to live in AZ?
Post a Comment