Thursday, January 6, 2011

FOUR!


Kainoa turned 4 years old today.

She woke up to pink and blue balloons in the front room, a Strawberry Shortcake puzzle and toy, and a day filled with eating lots of candy and junk food.  She told me, "since it's my birthday, I will be really good today."  She was true to her word- she was really good- very helpful and obedient :).

Since David had to go out of town for a workshop thing in Wilmington for lawyer stuff, we met at a mall near his work for dinner.  Kainoa got her free Sonic kids meal, free Cold Stone ice cream, rode the pink horse on the carousel ride (and I got motion sickness- I'm a wuss), and rode the small 75 cent ice cream truck ride with Iwalani (Iwalani did not like the ice cream ride).

Kainoa loves:
chocolate- all kinds and all shapes.  That even means the dark dark chocolate too- yes!
yogurt- specifically Yoplait strawberry.  She ate one big container by herself in one day (that was 2 days ago.  Don't ask me why I let her do that.  I blame it on taking care of a whining 17 and 19 month old whining all day long and wiping snotty noses.)
playing dress up- she will dress up all day.  She went to the mall today in a dress up- Barbie fashion tale princess dress.  Don't ask me why I let her out of the house like that.  I blame it on a whining 17 and 19 month old and wiping snotty noses.)
doing art projects- what 4 year old doesn't???!!
dancing- specifically ballet (mimics the Barbie movies) and the Captain Huggy Face dance
jumping off the bed into David's arms
Strawberry Shortcake- the cartoon character.  She has asked for a cake in the shape of a strawberry with Strawberry Shortcake on top for her birthday party next week (didn't do one this week because David is gone).  We'll see how that turns out...gulp.
Doctor Who- of course

Happy birthday Kainoa!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Emma, she's so cute!

Happy Birthday!!!

C. Leah said...

Happy Birthday Kainoa!!

Doré said...

Ahhh...worst auntie ever. So sorry we didn't call her. We will call tomorrow and sing her to since all the kids will be with us at work since school is cancelled.